Date:      Fri, 02 Mar 2001 09:30:08 -0800
From:      Ted Faber <faber@lunabase.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   openssh, protocol 2, and agent forwarding

--gKMricLos+KVdGMg

When running openssh from 4.2-STABLE, I can't seem to get agent forwarding
to work with protocol 2 (-o 'Protocol 2').  If this is intentional, can we
get that added to the manual page?  (The same config forweards agent
information under protocol 1, so I think my configuration is good.)

If not, I looked at the code, and it seems like the protocol 2
establishment path just doesn't seem to have code that requests the agent
forwarding.  (It may not have code to do it, either, I didn't check.)  It
looks like p2 requests go through client_init() and that code, unlike
ssh_session() doesn't request the forwarding.  Relevant lines of code are
827-845 in ssh_session() which look like they should be replicated and
slightly modified at around 854 in client_init().

I didn't go much further than that, because I don't deeply grok ssh, and I
didn't want to introduce security bugs, and I didn't have time to try to
implement all of agent forwarding if it was left out on purpose.

Anyone have some information for me?

Thanks.

--gKMricLos+KVdGMg

--gKMricLos+KVdGMg--