Date:      Mon, 27 Nov 2000 19:30:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ian Thomas <ipthomas_77@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   upgrading 3.2 to 3-stable

     I have read the docs in the handbook and it does
not seem to explain how to upgrade your port make
macros after downloading the upgrade kit.
I have used tar xvzf 32upgrade.tgz from the root
directory.  It gives me to executable files that I
cannot seem to run.  Both begin with plus signs:
+INSTALL, and +REQUIRE.

1.) Is the root directory the correct place to extract
and gunzip this archive.  If not, what is.
2.) How do you run the install executables, if
+INSTALL and +REQUIRED are the executables.

Some extra info that may be useful...
I have not downloaded any ports thus far and have only
two packages on the system, lynx and less.  I
installed X 4.1 using tar files.
I do not have a /usr/ports directory as of right now.

If any more info is needed, or if I missed some docs
on how to do this let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Ian