Date:      Fri, 8 Jun 2001 17:36:58 +0200
From:      "Karsten W. Rohrbach" <karsten@rohrbach.de>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        Stepanishev Roman <roman@swd.svznov.kemerovo.su>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Oracle TNS not work

--vtzGhvizbBRQ85DL

Doug White(dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu)@2001.06.07 14:26:17 +0000:
> On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Stepanishev Roman wrote:
>=20
> > Hi!
> >
> > I have Oracle 8.0.5.1.0 for Linux working on FreeBSD 4.3RC
> > After install i have problem with starting listener.
> >
> > I got message
> >
> > Starting /usr/oracle/bin/tnslsnr: please wait...
> >
> > TNSLSNR for Linux: Version 8.0.5.0.0 - Production
> > System parameter file is /usr/oracle/network/admin/listener.ora
> > Log messages written to /usr/oracle/network/log/listener.log
> > Trace information written to /usr/oracle/network/trace/listener.trc
> > Attempted to listen on:
> > (DESCRIPTION=3D(CONNECT_TIMEOUT=3D10)(ADDRESS=3D(PROTOCOL=3DIPC)(KEY=3D=
ORCL)))
                                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
looks rather like a SYSVSHM problem to me.
try building a kernel with more MAXUSERS and a SHMMAX setting which is a
little bit higher. i think, it is limited to 4mb at the moment in
GENERIC, so bumping up that value should help.

> > TNS-12546: TNS:permission denied
> >  TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
> >   TNS-00516: Permission denied
> >    Linux Error: 13: Permission denied
>=20
> Firewall?

this could also be an option, but as usual with payware[tm], the debug
output does not lead us to a good viewpoint to let us know what's going
on. if you want a stable server you run your rdbms under openvms, anyway
;-)

/k

--=20
> LET Jesus be YOUR anchor! When Satan rocks your boat, THROW Jesus overboa=
rd!
KR433/KR11-RIPE -- WebMonster Community Founder -- nGENn GmbH Senior Techie
http://www.webmonster.de/ -- ftp://ftp.webmonster.de/ -- http://www.ngenn.n=
et/
karsten&rohrbach.de -- alpha&ngenn.net -- alpha&scene.org -- catch@spam.de
GnuPG 0x2964BF46 2001-03-15 42F9 9FFF 50D4 2F38 DBEE  DF22 3340 4F4E 2964 B=
F46

--vtzGhvizbBRQ85DL

--vtzGhvizbBRQ85DL--