Date:      Sun, 2 Dec 2001 20:54:17 -0800
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
To:        Glenn Johnson <gjohnson@srrc.ars.usda.gov>
Cc:        emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   SIOCGIFHWADDR ioctl fails [was: Re: problem with the new linux module]

[moved to -emulation]

On Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 09:43:08PM -0600, Glenn Johnson wrote:

> > > lmutil - Copyright (C) 1989-2000 Globetrotter Software, Inc.
> > > The FLEXlm host ID of this machine is "000102c921d5"

[snip]

>    692 lmutil   CALL  linux_ioctl(0x3,SIOCGIFHWADDR,0xbfbff614)
>    692 lmutil   RET   linux_ioctl -1 errno 22 Invalid argument
>    692 lmutil   CALL  close(0x3)
>    692 lmutil   RET   close 0
>    692 lmutil   CALL  write(0x1,0x280ad000,0x29)
>    692 lmutil   GIO   fd 1 wrote 41 bytes
>        "The FLEXlm host ID of this machine is ""
>        "
>    692 lmutil   RET   write 41/0x29
>
> I hope this provides what you need.  Let me know if you want me to send
> the entire ktrace file to you off-list.

Yes. This is exactly what I wanted to know. It seems that the FLEXlm
host ID is nothing more that the hardware address of (one of) your
ethernet card(s) or a mutation of it and that the socket ioctl problem
that has hit VMware also seems to have hit you.

Do you have an ethernet card with hardware address 00:01:02:c9:21:d5?
When was the last time you did a cvsup and rebuilt and install a new
kernel?