Date:      Fri, 10 Aug 2001 12:18:11 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 4.4-prerelease and KDE-2.1.1 hangs

I have updated my SMP system to the current RELENG_4 of 9 August. If I
turn on the screensaver in KDE-2, my system will hang. It hangs 100%.
When it hangs, it drops networking and the keyboard is useless. It also
hangs my KVM switch so I can't switch to one of the other machines.

I have rebuilt everything associated with KDE-2. If I turn on power
management of the monitor it hangs in a shorter period of time. I am
left running the system with out a screensaver.

Version 4.3 prior to the upgrades for 4.4 did not hang the system. It
would run with the screensave blanking the monitor for days or weeks.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA