Date:      Sat, 25 Dec 1999 23:18:26 +0100
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: can't get vmware to run ( on -current )

On Sat, Dec 25, 1999 at 02:15:07PM -0800, Mike Smith wrote:

> > > Check the console; you have a mismatch somewhere inbetween the vmmon
> > > module and the Linux module, or between the vmmon module and your kernel.
> >
> > The console shows this message:
> > link_elf: symbol linux_ioctl_handler_install undefined
> >
> > Do you have a clue what I should try next ???
>
> *sigh*

Sorry, I don't want to make you angry. Please see my other mail.
BTW, my -current is from today, linux emulation and such has been
installed the last days.....

> Yes, update your kernel and linux module, since they're (quite obviously)
> not up to date.

The problem was an older vmware port that I fetched some weeks (or so)
ago.

Too bad, that the vmware port isn't part of the ports tree and
doesn't have a version number in the file name. Otherwise it
would be more easily possible to communicate the exact software
release status.

--
Andreas Klemm                                  http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/~andreas
                                     http://www.freebsd.org/~fsmp/SMP/SMP.html