Date:      Thu, 11 Dec 1997 07:27:28 -0600
From:      "Jay L. West" <jlwest@tseinc.com>
To:        "Karl Pielorz" <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
Cc:        "Valter Alves" <valter@thor.leirianet.pt>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Valter Alves" <valter@pluriproj.pt>
Subject:   Re: Server quake run under freebsd

You wrote....

>We also run a Quake World server on BSD, but it's the BSDI version - it
seems
>to run fine, and you don't need the linux stuff (we certainly don't have
any
>large files kicking around in our root filesystem ;-)

Yes But...

I may be wrong on this, but if I recall correctly, the BSDI version of the
quakeworld server is an older release (ie. the newer releases of quakeworld
server are not ported to bsdi). So - if you want a supported and/or newer
release of the quakeworld server, you need to take the linux version, so you
do in that case need the linux libs.

Regards,

Jay West

Unix *IS* user friendly, it's just very particular about who it calls a
friend!