Date:      Fri, 26 Mar 1999 02:37:28 +0900
From:      Motoyuki Konno <motoyuki@snipe.rim.or.jp>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: is 3c589D and multicast working on 3.1-RELEASE?

Nate wrote in the message <199903250453.VAA21892@mt.sri.com>:
> > No! Some PCIC (TI CardBus bridge, ...) need PAO.
>
> This is not true.  Ted Faber accedd TI CardBus bridge support to FreeBSD
> before it existed in PAO.
>
> Some models may not work, but many do.

I have a notebook commonly called "Chandra II" (*1), which has TI
CardBus bridge.

I tried "plain" 3.1-stable, but I could not use PC-cards with plain
3.1-stable.  Next, I tried 3.1-RELEASE with PAO3, then I can use
PC-cards very well.

Since "Chandra II" is very very popular notebook in Japan, and
I have heard that many notebooks DO NOT work with "plain" FreeBSD,
your idea

> Some models may not work, but many do.

is WRONG.  correct is:
   o  Many models does not work with "plain" FreeBSD.
   o  WE SHOULD INTEGRATE PAO INTO FREEBSD DISTRIBUTION.

*1: Chandra II
    Many hardware manufactures (IBM, Hitachi, etc.) sell this model
    in Japan.

---