Date:      Wed, 30 Mar 2005 10:43:19 +0930
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Gerald <gcoon@inch.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Vinum quirks? ...on simple raid5 setup

--GmiNL4+5WUWrod5m

On Tuesday, 29 March 2005 at 12:40:52 -0500, Gerald wrote:
> I'm trying to do what I think is a very simple raid5 vinum setup. If there
> is a better list to post this too, please direct me.

Try FreeBSD-questions.  This doesn't look like a hardware issue.

[partial problem report omitted]

> What am I missing?

The instructions in the man page or at
http://www.vinumvm.org/vinum/how-to-debug.html , at least.  In
particular, log messages.  There's a known bug in Vinum that if you
get your stripe sizes wrong, you can have problems like this.  The log
file would clarify that.

Greg

--GmiNL4+5WUWrod5m

--GmiNL4+5WUWrod5m--