Date:      Sat, 16 Nov 2002 17:12:10 -0500 (EST)
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@freebsd.org>
To:        submit@bugs.gnome.org
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   libbonoboui determines datadir path incorrectly

Package: bonobo
Severity: normal
Version: 2.0.3.2
Synopsis: libbonoboui determines datadir path incorrectly
Bugzilla-Product: bonobo
Bugzilla-Component: libbonoboui

Description of Problem:
libbonoboui can mess with a perfectly good datadir resulting in a
non-existent path.  I discovered this when testing that the
Help->Contents option worked in Gnumeric 1.1.12.

Steps to reproduce the problem:
1. Launch Gnumeric 1.1.12
2. Select Help->Contents
3. Note in the .xsession-errors that the help files cannot be found in
/usr/X11R6/share/gnome/gnumeric/1.1.12-bonobo/share/help/gnumeric

Actual Results:
Error is produced because libbonoboui tacks "/share" onto the end of the
application's prefix to determine datadir.

Expected Results:
Yelp should launch to the correct help document.

How often does this happen?
Every time

Additional Information:
I will attach a patch that fixes this.  The same code exists in
libbonoboui 2.1, so it could be applied there as well.