Date:      Fri, 10 Apr 1998 10:19:16 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Matthias.Apitz@SOFTCON.de (Matthias Apitz)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: O2Micro OZ6832 && 3c589D && FreeBSD 2.2.6

> I have a brand new notebook with a O2Micro OZ6832 PCI CardBus
> bridge and a 3Com Etherlink III 3c589D PCMCIA network card.
[ Interrupts are not being delivered to the if_ep driver ]

> the 3c589D *or* doesn't get interrupts from the 3c589D. At the
> moment I think the latter is true.
>
> BTW: all other functions like IRQ for card changes, card
> detection in user-land in the /etc/pccardd.conf etc. are working
> fine.

Note, there is a 'polling' function that polls the PCIC to get the
insertion/removal events which could cause those to work.  Also note
that the insertion/removal events are in a different function of the
PCIC that may be working.

> OK. I think the 1st half of the way is done and it's time
> to look into the ep driver itself.

Given that I have 3 working 3c589D cards with 3 feet of me (Along with 2
3C589C's, and one 3C589B), I have a hard time believing this is the
case. :(

The only logic difference between all the cards that was done to support
newer models was to increase the timeout in the probe routine, else the
card wasn't found.  Otherwise the driver is exactly the same.

(FWIW, the box is *not* running 2.2.6-R that has the 3C589D card in it,
but it's running a version of the driver that I *think* is the same as
in the RELEASE.)

Nate