Date:      Thu, 11 Oct 2001 10:31:02 +0200
From:      "Marcel Prisi" <marcel-lists@virtua.ch>
To:        "Samuel J.Greear" <dragonk@evilcode.net>, "Wojciech Sobczuk" <sopel@freebsd.hbz.pl>
Cc:        "J. Goodleaf" <john@goodleaf.net>, "BSD-ISP" <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: PostgreSQL & shared memory

Hi !

I did some trys at upping the shared memory allowed to PostgreSQL (anyway,
if you want to up the number of connections you HAVE to up the shared memory
as every connection uses LOADS of shared memory).

I had to try and add some connections up to when Postgres tells me there is
not enough shared memory on the system.

BTW, is there a way to know how much shared memory is used/free on a FreeBSD
system ? On newer linux, shared memory is mounted as another filesystem, so
you can use df / mount to have some ideas :-)

Thanks for your help.