Date:      Thu, 21 Dec 2006 23:24:59 +0300
From:      "Abdullah Al-Marrie" <almarrie@gmail.com>
To:        argentoff@rtelekom.ru
Cc:        Janvier Pang <janvier.roc@gmail.com>, freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Acer Aspire 5102 WLMi with Turion 64 X2 dual-core TL-50 1.6 GHz on FreeBSD 6.2 ACPI problems

On 12/21/06, Paul Argentoff <argentoff@rtelekom.ru> wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 December 2006 23:09, Abdullah Al-Marrie wrote:
>
> > 4. system wont reboot or shutdown, it hangs after sync disks, I have
> > to press thr button power to switch it off.
>
> I found this is a problem with USB hardware. See my recennt posts in
> freebsd-mobile and freebsd-usb. No solution yet.
>
> --
> Yours truly, WBR, Paul Argentoff.

Ok, Acer just released a newer bios version 2.60

[Fixed History]

v2.60-
01. Disable USB Power on S4/S5 by EC bios.

v2.50-
01. Fix DDR2-667 512MBx1 DOS Reboot Failure
02. Fix s3/s4/cold boot/warm boot long run test black screen issue.
03. Add UVC CCD Bison/Suyin support in int15 for vista.
04. Disable hot-buttons when lid-switch is closed (EC bios).
05. Modify SMBIOS for Vista DTM Failure
06. Modify Brightness Levels to 16.
07. Remove Auto Change FIR PNPID for Vista OS since Driver Cover FIR
SMC1036 PNPID.
08. Reconfigure HD verb table after s3 resume for audio no sounds
issue on vista.
09. Modify HD codec pin configuration CD IN(1C) & PCBeep(1D).
10. Speed Up S3 Resume Time for Vista OS
11. Disable Un-Used PCI Clock Sources of South Bridge for EMI.

--

Maybe this will sort out USB power issue, and maybe other issues as well?

Regards,

-Abdullah