Date:      Sun, 14 Mar 2004 16:29:27 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        Sean Welch <Sean_Welch@alum.wofford.org>
Cc:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VMware 3 changes commited, rtc updated as well

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004, Sean Welch wrote:

> Am I correct in surmising that your changes to allow
> dynamic device numbering are a prelude to introducing
> device cloning?
>
> Sean

Er, not really.  The vmmon device handles multiple sessions fine as is. :)

I just did the cleanups because they needed to be done, no reason more.
But yet, cloning the rtc device is definitely one of the next things for
me to work on.

(After I examine the rtc device more - I've been doing more analysis, and
it turns out that the rtc device may not actually be doing anything
whatsoever.  Stay tuned.)

Mike "Silby" Silbersack