Date:      Tue, 09 May 2000 14:58:23 -0400
From:      Nathan Vidican <webmaster@wmptl.com>
To:        Daniel Brownstone <jkirk@tigger.100acre.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sendmail relaying question

Three possible solutions: 1 - tell your users to use their ISP-proveded
outgoing smtp server (this is the solution most people opt for-
ourselves included here)

2 - setup sendmail to allow relaying for anyone, (NOT a good idea,
because if someone else get's word they could easily abuse it!)

3 - force user authentication upon sending, this can be done from most
mail clients, (including but definetly not limited to Outlook), - to be
completely honest I've never attempted this, and I'm not sure how one
would accomplish this using sendmail, I'm assuming this kind of thing
would probably be easier to setup using qmail.

--
Nathan Vidican
webmaster@wmptl.com