Date:      Wed, 27 Jun 2007 20:21:59 +1000
From:      Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
To:        Olivier Nicole <on@cs.ait.ac.th>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OT: how to increase RAID space

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 17:07:32 +0700 (ICT)
Olivier Nicole <on@cs.ait.ac.th> wrote:

> > that's what a volume manager (such as LVM2 in linux, Veritas Vol Mgr , and
> > vinum (I think) in FBSD 4 ) do  - they abstract the hardware storage layer.
>
> That is hardware RAID.

yes, i realise you mentioned it . You'd imagine some raid card manufacturers
would have something as flexible as LVM built into their cards by now... maybe
someone does already.. ?

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
   George Santayana

Warned.