Date:      Fri, 6 Jul 2001 11:53:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Peter Losher <Peter.Losher@nominum.com>
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@iowna.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 3.5-STABLE, NFS, and Solaris NFS clients.

On Tue, 3 Jul 2001, Bill Moran wrote:

> Section "17.4.4 Problems Integrating with other Systems" sounds like
> it may be your problem. Try out the fixes suggested there and see
> if they help.

Tried those, while it helped to some degree on some of the Solaris boxes
(we have seven) it still crashes on some of them.

What I did is copied a 91MB tar file from a Solaris NFS client (w/ w=1024
in /etc/auto_master)  It would copy 2/3's of the way through, then the NFS
server would print this on the screen:

inode
syncing disks... 48 46 46 46 46 46 46 46 46 46 46 46 46 46 46 46 46 46 46
giving up
Uptime: 7d5h8m1s

<then freeze hard, requiring a power cycle - No core file, no entry in
messages>

On another system, it copied over fine, but the NFS client wouldn't give
the prompt back until I Ctrl-C'ed it.

FWIW, the NFS Server (running 3.5-STABLE) has 4 nfsd proccess running.
Would increasing the number of nfsd processes help?

Thsnks - Peter
--
Peter.Losher@nominum.com - [ Systems Admin. | Nominum, Inc. ]