Date:      Tue, 27 Mar 2012 07:53:21 -0400
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        Maninya M <maninya@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: __NR_mmap2 in FreeBSD

On Monday, March 26, 2012 1:56:08 pm Maninya M wrote:
> I am trying to convert a function written for Linux to FreeBSD.
> What is the equivalent of the __NR_mmap2 system call in FreeBSD?
>
> I keep getting the error because of this exception:
> warn("Wanted space at address 0x%.8x, mmap2 system call returned 0x%.8x.
> This could be a problem.",addr,temp_regs.eax);

I think you could just use plain mmap() for this?

However, it seems that this is injecting a call into an existing binary,
not calling mmap() directly.  A few things will need to change.  First,
FreeBSD system calls on i386 put their arguments on the stack, not in
registers, so you will need to do a bit more work to push the arguments onto
the stack rather than just setting registers.