Date:      Fri, 13 Jun 1997 22:52:53 -0400
From:      Chris Lambrou <chrislambrou@internetmci.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
Subject:   Re: I think I got the wrong list!

> freebsd-questions is the right list.
OK, Cool.

Before I go on let me just say that I know absolutely NOTHING about UNIX
systems administration/setup.  The only UNIX knowledge that I have is from
CGI programming.

So Here's my question:

I am currently running NT 4 on a Pentium Pro 200 with 64Mb RAM.  I have a
1.2 Gig drive C:\ with 200Mb free and a 2.8 Gig drive D:\ with around 1.2
Gig free.

I want to install FreeBSD, and dual boot in NT or FreeBSD.  I'll be using
the NT boot manager.  According to the online documentation, this is
possible.

So I created a boot floppy, and I booted the machine.  And I got to this
Disk Geometry screen.  What scares me here is the word "partition".  Does
this mean "partition" in the DOS sense?  Because that would mean that the
partitioning would delete my whole drive.  Does FreeBSD require a clean
drive C:\ ? Or can I just install on the remaining free space on the C:\
drive?

Thank you all for your help.

Chris Lambrou
CGL Internet Services