Date:      Tue, 23 Feb 1999 09:18:27 -0500
From:      "Wyatt Nordstrom" <wyattn@nortelnetworks.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   qpopper problems

Hi all,

Recently I installed qpopper. The basic configuration works fine. We are
able to connect with the client, read and write mail.

*FANTASTIC*. It was pretty painless.

Now, I'm trying to establish APOP. I have read the APOP installation
instructions, followed them to a tee.
When I try to use popauth to init, I get an error saying missing file -
*??*. Then if I try to add a user, I get an error indicating something
about not having permissions to open the db. When I look the db has been
created. In addition, I am in the root account when perfoming the
install. I am specifiing the account "POP" as the pop auth account. The
db is to be located in the /etc directory.

I did a search on the net, and found some people who reported having the
same problem. Unfortunately, I found no reference to what the solution
may be.

If anyone has seen this b4, I would greatly appreciate any input.

JEEZ, I hope I'm not goofing something simple up.

In addition, I would like suggestions on a good pop password change
server. I have references to a couple, but what is the *standard* used?
Many of the accounts on the system are not login accounts.

Thanks a lot for any help,
-Wyatt