Date:      Tue, 29 Jul 2003 16:16:41 +0200
From:      Paolo Pisati <flag@libero.it>
To:        FreeBSD_Net <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Differences between netgraph nodes in 4.x and 5.x

On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 12:30:42PM +0200, Paolo Pisati wrote:

> btw, i think i did the converion and it was quite straightforward,
> but i've still a little problem that i didn't have in 5.x:
>
> if i try to unload my module, change the internals, compile
> and use it again, it fails! =P
>
> I think it's a problem in the shutdown/disconnect
> part of my work, cause this is what i get:
>
> ngctl mkpeer rl0: tee lower right
> ngctl: send msg: File exists
>
> actually tee is my own node, i didn't yet change the name
> to classifier but it's my node.

well, i answer to myself:

it seems it's not my mistake, cause you can trigger it with a
plain original tee node too. =P

does it mean that the problem lays inside the inability to
delete rl0?

the only solution that i found now, when i've to try some
modifications to my node, is to reboot, while
i'm sure it worked under 5.x... =P

bye

--

Paolo