Date:      Tue, 10 Feb 2004 01:25:49 +0100 (CET)
From:      Lukas Ertl <l.ertl@univie.ac.at>
To:        "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@over-yonder.net>
Cc:        sebastian ssmoller <sebastian.ssmoller@gmx.net>
Subject:   Re: stripe and mirror on the same disks

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Matthew D. Fuller wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 11:31:16PM +0100 I heard the voice of
> Lukas Ertl, and lo! it spake thus:
> > On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, sebastian ssmoller wrote:
> >
> > > how does geom_vinum fit into this situation ?
> >
> > I plan to have geom_vinum as a true drop-in replacement, so any
> > combination of current vinum volumes should be supported, too.
>
> OK, this has been on my mind for a bit here; how drop-in is drop-in?
> If I setup a box with Vinum now, will those filesystems be able to
> just slide into being geom_vinum'd later on, or will it have to be
> moved off elsewhere and the filesystem remade?

I'd like to be able to just load geom_vinum and have the old vinum config
available.  Of course I can't promise yet that this will actually happen,
but IMHO that's the only way to make this transition properly.

regards,
le

--
Lukas Ertl                             eMail: l.ertl@univie.ac.at
UNIX Systemadministrator               Tel.:  (+43 1) 4277-14073