Date:      Wed, 30 Dec 1998 11:33:28 -0600 (CST)
From:      Junkang Huang <jhuang@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   how to set up the network by 3com card

Hello, there
I am a freebsd beginner. Recently I just install it on an computer in my
office.
The configuration of my computer is
pentinum 200; RAM 32M; Hard disk 4G; 3Com EtherLink III ISA in ISA mode
network card.
The procedure of install is that
I: I ftp the all set of release2.2.7 from
ftp.freebsd.org/pub/freebsd/release2.2.7 and save them in C:
II: then I fdisk the hard disk to D: and begin to install the freebsd by
boot floppy disk.
III: just follow the instruction and finish the configuration.
The problem is I can not figuer out the network.
I got my computer's IP address, Name server, subnet mask, gateway, but how
to fill the ifconfig in that form? I read the help but it does not give me
enough information.
After reboot, it seems that every damon is starting. No error message. I
can just ping myself but not outside even gateway.

What wrong with it and could you give me some hint of how to set up the
ethercard.

Thanks so much in advanced
yours sincerely
Lin Ge