Date:      Mon, 19 Mar 2001 22:08:56 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 2940UW booting problems

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 04:58:14AM +0000, Terry Lambert wrote:
> OK. Let me rephrase that.  FreeBSD needs to switch over to whatever
> code supports hardware that is not nearly impossible to buy.

Qlogic 1040's are hard to find???  I found a truck load on eBay a several
months ago for $30 each.

Symbios based ones are hard to find???  I've also seen Symbios branded UW
controllers for $25-$35 (I got one for $31 to put in my AS250).  Not to
mention Tekram and DECpaq ones.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)
          GNU is Not Unix / Linux Is Not UniX