Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2001 20:30:06 -0600
From:      Dave Uhring <duhring@charter.net>
To:        Colin <cwass99@home.com>, "David W. Chapman Jr." <dwcjr@inethouston.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, Luc Morin <luc_m@videotron.ca>
Subject:   Re: Network stops working

If his cable modem is similar to mine, it recognizes only one NIC and
must be power cycled in order to attach a different NIC.  After killing
dhclient and restarting it, he will also receive a different IP address
from his ISP.  The important thing is to kill the power to the cable
modem for at least 1 minute then power it back up again.

Dave