Date:      Thu, 2 Jan 1997 04:15:28 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Miten N. Mehta" <mmehta@cs.tamu.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Problem with XF86Config file of FreeBSD

Hi,

When I configured my XFree86 for my FreeBSD, and started it by startx,
the screen seemed to be wrapped horizontally to left by 5-6 pixels and
the extreme portion wrapped to extreme right portion.

I used "vidtune" and found out that if I use either of
 	EarlySC "1024x768" 1,
	InvertVCLK "1024x768" 1
 or 	BlankDelay "1024x768" 0 7

,the problem is solved,

I tried to put 'EarlySC "1024x768" 1' in Display subsection as i figured
out that "EarlySC" is Display Subsection keyword. But when I tried to
start the windows by "startx", I got following error message...
----------

EarlySC "1024x768" 1
^^^^^^^
Display subsection keyword expected.

--------------

Same error was given for other two availble options.

I am not able understand why it is giving error because my display driver
is S3 for which these are proper display subsection keywords.

If anyone knows about this, please tell me.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Miten.

Miten N. Mehta                                 	Graduate Student
3902, Collegemain, #1001			Computer Science
Bryan, 						Texas A & M University
Texas-77801.					College Station, TX-77843

Tel.#(409)-691-4614                             E-mail# miten@tamu.edu

            Home Page : http://http.tamu.edu:8000/~mnm3866

	"UNTIL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE, KEEP ON WORKING FOR THAT"