Date:      Tue, 23 Nov 1999 21:31:19 -0500
From:      "Mikhail Evstiounin" <evstiounin@adelphia.net>
To:        "Marc Wandschneider" <MarcW@Lanfear.com>, "'Tim'" <tim@ns2.megainfo.com>, "Harry Woodward-Clarke" <Harry.Woodward-Clarke@s1.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: String.h

String.h is a GNU template implementation of the strings which looks like
STL strings, but a little bit more powerfull. GNU supported String.h up to
2.8.1 and stopped to do it recommending to use STL. You can download g++
library from any GNU gcc site and install it in a gcc subtree. I did it for
different version of gcc on different platforms. Never tried it with egcs
(cygnus is official "supporter" for gcc - btw, gcc is not GNU cc anymore -
it's GNU Compiler Collection:-). Take a look at http://egcs.cygnus.com