Date:      Sun, 22 Jun 1997 17:32:48 -0500
From:      Tom Jackson <toj@gorilla.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Failure Installing FreeBSD

On Sat, Jun 21, 1997 at 10:20:59PM -0700, DaSmurf wrote:
> Hello..
>
> I have some problems with installing FreeBSD..
> And there is no way that I can find to un-install it again...
>
> I was soppose to install it on drive e: who is allmost empty..
> but for some strange reason...it was installed...with some failures
> on drive d: ...so now I can't use any of those 900MB of files I have
> there...witch much of it is programs and things I use daily..
>
> So my question is simple...how do I uninstall FreeBSD so drive d:
> will be under DOS modus again?

So my answer is simple, you did have your dos d: drive backed up, didn't
you? Seriously, if you instructed the FreeBSD installation to wipe out
your dos partition on your d: drive, its gone. The uninstall is to, from
dos, reformat the d: drive and restore from your back up.

> For Info:
> I installed it on a Pentium 75 HI 250/p
> with 16 MB RAM
> Drive C: is:   540MB IBM Dala
> Drive D: is: 1.080GB Quantum Fireball
> Drive E: is:   160MB

Is this e: drive a 160 mb partition on your second hd? If you want to install
fbsd on it, delete it from dos, then do the fbsd install. You will probably
not be able to boot directly to though and you can only install a minimal
system in 160 mb.

> I also have a Sony 4x CD ROM
> and a Sound Blaster Pro Compatibel sound card
> with a DB50XG Daugther board
>

> Hope for quick respons ;-)
Quick enough?

Tom