Date:      Tue, 29 Jul 1997 19:33:03 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        EMANUELE COSTA <e.costa@lancaster.ac.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sound Blaster 16 PnP

 |	I'm trying to install a Sound Balster 16 PnP and I've been told
 |that I should search for the OSS package. Could anyone help me?
 |	Thanks in advance,

     (I'm forwarding this on over to the multimedia list since it's more
likely to be noticed by a person that can help you there.)

     I believe Luigi Rizzo's (luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it) gotten his
SB16-compatible PnP card working using the latest beta Voxware sound
drivers.  The latest two driver snaps are at:

      ftp://rah.star-gate.com/pub/guspnp12.tar.gz
      ftp://rah.star-gate.com/pub/guspnp11.tar.gz

(Ignore the filename -- it continues to cause confusion.)

     There have also been posts to the lists recently regarding folks that
having gotten their PnP sound cards working using Sujal Patel's ISA PnP
tools.  In fact there was one today on -current where someone posted their
mods for a SB16 PnP.

     I'd try the latest driver rev above first since its destined shortly
to be the new sound driver, and it'd be good to get your input and make
sure it supports your card out-of-the-box.

     If you have any problems, please post to the multimedia@freebsd.org
list.  The sound driver rework is the current hot topic; input is being
solicited from anyone with a soundcard.

Randall Hopper