Date:      Fri, 14 Feb 2014 22:09:20 -0800
From:      Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
To:        Louis Epstein <le@main.put.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Cairo Problems

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 10:51 AM, Louis Epstein <le@main.put.com> wrote:

> My config.log file is at
> http://www.put.com/A/config.log
> with regard to the "Cairo problems" that I just sent gnome@freebsd.org
> a posting about from comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc.
> While I downloaded and gunzipped gnomelogalzyer.sh it doesn't appear to
> invoke from the command line.
> The "OpenGL surface backend feature could not be enabled" is
> preventing Cairo from installing,and other apps that depend on
> Cairo shared objects from working,though they used to work before
> certain shared objects disappeared.
> I have NOT used Gnome even once,though I did install it.
>
> (Trying to search the mailing archives at http://www.freebsd.org/gnome
> gets me an "unable to connect" error).
>
> Please help!

A little more information would help. FreeBSD version (uname -a)? Contents
of /etc/make.conf and /etc/src.conf (if they exist).

Do you have a current version of libGL? It should be libGL-9.1.7. It looks
like it is either not installed or damaged as the .pc file is missing.

And I have no problems getting to http://www.freebsd.org/gnome, but th mail
archive is not there. All FreeBSD mail list archives can be accessed at
http://www.freebsd.org/community/mailinglists.html. You should be able to
run the gnomelogalyzer by entering "sh ./gnomelogalzyer.sh".
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired
E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com