Date:      Wed, 6 Dec 1995 10:45:24 -0800
From:      "Ulf Zimmermann" <ulf@z-code.ncd.com>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>, "Ulf Zimmermann" <ulf@z-code.ncd.com>
Cc:        current@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Call for Buslogic PCI SCSI adapter device IDs

On Dec 6, 10:06am, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:
> Subject: Re: Call for Buslogic PCI SCSI adapter device IDs
> >Hi Justin.
> >
> >Probe for Buslogic BT946C, Bios ver. 4.92E, Firmware 4.25J
> >PCI:0:13 BusLogic Device=0x1040
> >
> >I have an older controller of this model, but should report the same.
>
> Can you give me the full "boot -v" output from the buslogic?  I'd like
> to see how it reports its I/O area mapping. (I don't have a PCI card to
> test with).

Ok. I just need to stick the floppy in again and write everything down. Will do
this later the day.

> >Beside this, what kind of debugging did you put into the Adaptec 7??? driver
?
> >I can now go and look into the bugs for the 7850, as the system is setup. At
> >the moment I have the strange feeling, it is a problem with the sequencer.
>
> I'm almost positive its a sequencer issue.  Somehow, the card decides that
> the QOUTCNT jumps from 0 to 45 or so.  Either we are overflowing the
> QOUTFIFO, or some other action of the sequencer code causes a glitch
> in that register.
>
> I just haven't had much time to look into the problem and since I
> still do not have a PCI machine to validate any of my "guesses" at
> a solution, there is even less incentive.  I'll try to look at the
> code again later this week.

I have a suitable system at home. So if you want, we can meet and try to find
out.

>-- End of excerpt from Justin T. Gibbs

Bye, Ulf.

--
Ulf Zimmermann, NCD Software, 101 Rowland Way, Suite 300, Novato, CA 94945
phone: 415-899-7941, email: ulf@z-code.ncd.com, phone-home: 510-865-0204

    FreeBSD 2.1.0 is available now!
FreeBSD: Turning PCs into Workstations