Date:      Fri, 06 Jun 2003 10:27:14 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        rasmith@aristotle.tamu.edu
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5.1-BETA2 on Latitude, xl problems

In message: <200306031750.h53HoTOk065293@aristotle.tamu.edu>
            Robin Smith <rasmith@aristotle.tamu.edu> writes:
: I recently upgraded my aging Dell Latitude (366MHz PII) to 5.1-BETA2.  Though
: dmesg indicates the hardware's being detected, I can't seem to get my network
: card up (3COM  3CCFEM656, which was a Dell OEM card).  I can talk to it with pciconf,
: pcitweak, and scanpci, and it appears to take configuration from ifconfig; however,
: netstat -r times out waiting to find the route.  FWIW, ifconfig does *not* seem to
: read the card's MAC address (ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff)

dmesg?

: My Zoom Telephonics 2975L PCMCIA Modem also has ceased
: working. Under 4.7-STABLE,  I had a little trouble with this, e.g.,
: booting with the card in the slot would cause a system hang until
: you removed the card.  Now, I get a kernel panic if I insert the
: card at all.

traceback?

Warner