Date:      Sun, 13 Apr 1997 21:37:49 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jimbo Bahooli <moke@fools.ecp.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   update: ipnat + natd

	About a week ago I posted a message about dismal perfomance on
translated hosts with ipnat + natd.  (20bytes/sec) This was on a
2.2-STABLE system using kernel ppp with an mtu/mru size of 296.  To find
the solution I tried a few things, one of them i bumped the mru/mtu up to
552.  This instantly brought translated througput to 1.9-2.3k/sec which is
acceptable on a 28.8 connect.  I then brought down the ethernet mtu to
552, this increased the reaction time somewhat, and possibly raised
througput alittle more.  User ppp might also suffer from this, my personal
recommendation now is to keep the mtu/mru sizes the same between the
translated interfaces.