Date:      Tue, 03 Jul 2012 01:10:52 +0100
From:      Alex Trull <alex@trull.org>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   8.3 + ZFS - steady leak in kmem, unrelated to arc size.

Hi All,

I'm seeing the following leak in 8.2/8.3 since I re-enabled zfs on my
system.

compare the arc graph
http://web.internationalconspiracy.org/munin/internationalconspiracy.org/potjie.internationalconspiracy.org/zfsarc_l1.html
with the kmem graph
http://web.internationalconspiracy.org/munin/internationalconspiracy.org/potjie.internationalconspiracy.org/kmem.html
a straight trajectory of base kmem growth.

non-kmem vmem usage is getting squeezed into swap:

CPU:     % user,     % nice,     % system,     % interrupt,     % idle
Mem: 976M Active, 543M Inact, 5963M Wired, 414M Cache, 778M Buf, 1372K Free
Swap: 16G Total, 2083M Used, 14G Free, 12% Inuse

I've dumped everything I can think of here if anyone wants to take a
look: http://trull.org/~alex/src/Debuggery/20120703-leakykmem/

Regards,

Alex