Date:      Tue, 30 Jul 2002 01:53:37 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        oberman@es.net
Cc:        wangbok@cs.pdx.edu, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Support D-Link DWL-650+ Cardbus on FreeBSD 4.x ?

In message: <20020729213116.0CF1A5D03@ptavv.es.net>
            "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net> writes:
: > From: "Bokyung Wang" <wangbok@cs.pdx.edu>
: > Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 14:17:46 -0700
: > Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
: >
: > This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
: >
: > ------=_NextPart_000_0024_01C2370A.B671B0E0
: >
: > Hello,
: >
: > Does anybody know that FreeBSD 4.x (any version of 4.x) supports the NEW =
: > CARDBUS=20
: > " D-Link (AirPlus)  DWL-650+  Cardbus" ?
: >
: > If so, I'd like to know which version of FreeBSD and how to configure =
: > it.
: > I know that FreeBSD 4.6 supports D-Link DWL-650, but not "DWL-650+ =
: > Cardbus".
:
: Please don't send HTML mail to this list!
:
: CardBus (32-bit) PCcards are not supported by FreeBSD 4. They will be
: supported in FreeBSD V5 which is currently scheduled for release in
: November. Until then your only hope is to run CURRENT or the latest V5
: developer's snapshot. (The developer's snapshot probably is more
: stable, but there are newer features in CURRENT.)
:
: With either you will need to build and run the NEWCARD kernel. (See
: the V5 documentation.)
:
: Good luck!

You'll need it with the DWL-650+.  It uses the new TI wireless
chipset.  You cannot get an interface from TI, and it doesn't work at
all with the wi driver, even in current.

Warner