Date:      Tue, 25 Apr 1995 11:27:37 +0800 (CST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw>
To:        FREEBSD-CURRENT-L <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD Double CD-ROM set?

    A couple of friends new to FreeBSD brought up this point and I saw
it go by on the newsgroup too.  Since Satoshi is diligently working at
cleaning up our ports/packages collection, would it be possible for
Walnut Creek to sell a "FreeBSD 2.1 Collections CD-ROM" supplement as
well as a double CD set (2.1 installation + Collections)?  Not
everyone has Ethernet or a T1 to the local mirror site.  Most people
are probably on a timed 14.4k SLIP/PPP connection to their ISP.  It
would make sense for these folks to drop $20 or whatever and get 500
megs of precompiled binaries and source for their new FreeBSD machine.
Linux distributions are famous for this "throw-in-everything-including-
the-kitchen-sink-and-let-the-user-sort-it-out" approach.
taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw <-- work ........ play --> taob@io.org