Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 2023 20:18:55 +0200
From:      Robert Clausecker <fuz@fuz.su>
To:        "'freebsd-arch'" <freebsd-arch@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Future of 32-bit platforms (including i386)

I would very much appreciate if lib32 support stays in (or is completed
in the case of aarch64).  Without it, FreeBSD becomes a lot less useful
as a well rounded development system as you can no longer test code for
32 bit platforms.  I also have a need for armv7 user space code in
particular as I participate in and maintain the FreeBSD port of a Forth
system written in armv7 assembly.  Being able to run the same code you
run on a microcontroller on a hosted platform makes it a lot easier to
test and develop.

As for running 32 bit kernels, I do not really have an opinion.

Yours,
Robert Clausecker

--
()  ascii ribbon campaign - for an 8-bit clean world
/\  - against html email  - against proprietary attachments