Date:      Sun, 4 Apr 2004 22:31:27 -0400
From:      Allan Fields <bsd@afields.ca>
To:        mmarkows@twcny.rr.com
Cc:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how ro recover encrypted slice

On Sun, Apr 04, 2004 at 06:42:33PM -0400, mmarkows@twcny.rr.com wrote:
> Now, I am in a predicament because I cannot access my files that I need for my work tomorrow. I know that I messed up, but my last backup is 3 weeks old, and essentially it is no good any more.
>
> Is there any way to recover the data? I have 13 hours to do it.

Rather, to clarify: you could spend a _very_ long time on this:
significantly more than a few days.

Usually, time is not on your side when you're up against a crypto
challenge and don't have lots of resources at your disposal.  If
you don't manage to get the lock-file back you might want to cut
your losses and move on to plan B for the night.

I'd be interested to hear how things work-out for you.

> Thank you for your time.
> Maciej.

Regards,
--
 Allan Fields                                       _.^.  ,_ ,. ._ .
 Afields Research/AFRSL - http://afields.ca        <,'/-\/- /\'_| /_