Date:      Sat, 28 Dec 1996 17:15:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      brian@mediacity.com
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   A question of how much memory?

I have an ASUS 2xPP200 with 256MB.  It has been my guess that
I therefore need to set MAXMEM to 128*1024, assuming each
processor has its own private 128MBs to work with.  This does
indeed work.

However, my assumptions may be wrong, and memory may be shared
in some way.  In which case MAXMEM may need to by 256*1024.
I've tried this and the kernel fails to boot with a Panic
message along the lines of unable to [reach/allocate?] bounce
buffer.

Basically, which is it supposed to work?

Thanks,
--
Brian Litzinger					       Powered by FreeBSD
<brian@mediacity.com>                            http[s]://www.mpress.com