Date:      Mon, 7 Oct 2002 17:37:07 -0400
From:      "Lapinski, Michael (Research)" <lapinski@crd.ge.com>
To:        "'Denny Reiter'" <denny@reiters.org>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Server out of space -- Need suggestions

If your users lack clue enough to configure
a mail client that is what support helpdesks
are for or a well structured support website.

Your talking in terms of a very large isp.
I am talking in terms of what the original
poster (who seems to be running a small to
medium mail server) can/should do. Having 2
disparate  mail servers is not uncommon, I was
also thinking of a colo-swap with another
provider, its way cheaper then having to pay
loop+bandwisdth commit on a link that you only
want for backup mail servers.

It all realy boils down to what level of service
and redundancy you are looking to get to. Again I
was thinking on the cheap and less complicated because
I interpreted that is what the original poster was
looking to do =)

-mtl

Michael Lapinski
Computer Scientist
GE Research

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
            - IBM Chairman Thomas Watson, 1943