Date:      Sat, 15 Nov 1997 13:24:59 +0100
From:      Volker Paepcke <scratchy@vulcan.franken.de>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   [Fxtv 0.45]: can only select one channel (from vcr)

Hi!

First I would like to thank You for the great bt848 driver and the fxtv
program :-)

I have a Hauppauge model 816 WinTV-card (PAL-BG) and its working great.
But I can only select exactly one frequency: 544.75 Mhz. This is the channel
from my VCR so I can only switch channels with the VCR. I've searched through
all preconfigured channel lists and tried all known frequencies from the cable
net
here in germany.

I've seen one or two people from germany posting on this list, maybe You can
help me!

Hardware:
Dual PPRO 200 Titan Pro with 64 MB,
2940 Adaptec,
3COM 3C595 Fast Etherlink III PCI,
16 bit Soundblaster,
bktr0: <BrookTree 848> rev 0x12 int a irq 12 on pci0.10.0
Hauppauge WinCast/TV, Temic PAL tuner.

Software:
FreeBSD-3.0 current from 14.11.
Fxtv-0.45 from ports collection with following settings:
-inputFormat pal -defaultInput tuner -tunerMode cable -cableFreqSet weurope

TV system:
germany cable net, PAL-BG

bye,
volker