Date:      Tue, 07 Dec 1999 17:22:30 +0000
From:      Joseph Scott <joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Cc:        "Rafael A. Reta Rodriguez" <rafareta@icave.com.mx>, "questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: syslog

Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> On Tue, 07 Dec 1999 10:52:41 CST, "Rafael A. Reta Rodriguez" wrote:
>
> > !!! Sorry Sheldon, it was you the one who got me the solution, it was my
> > name mistake. I apologize!
>
> No problem, hence the smiley face.
>
> I was more interested in hearing how badly you want the messages to stay
> out of /var/log/messages. ;-)
>
> Ciao,
> Sheldon.

	Yep, it would have helped if I'd noticed that he was using an
undefined entry in syslog.conf.  After a quick search at the squid
home page I came up with this :

http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/199806/0169.html

I think that will provide the info you need.

--

Joseph Scott
joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu