Date:      Fri, 14 Feb 2003 12:15:14 -0800
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
To:        "Eichert, Diana" <deicher@sandia.gov>
Cc:        ia64@freebsd.org, doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   No ia64 specific hypertext man pages [was: Re: FreeBSD ia64 install problems ...]

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 06:07:17AM -0700, Eichert, Diana wrote:
> G.morn'
>
> I'm out of the office this morning, using the FreeBSD Hypertext
> Man Pages I don't see an entry for gpt(8).  Wandering through
> CVS web gave me the latest gpt.8.  I guess since ia64 is still
> considered "tier 2" that it's unique man pages aren't available
> yet via the online man pages?

Hmmm... good question. AFAICT, we don't prohibit or inhibit based
on the tier level. I guess in this case it's just a matter of how
the process is designed: we only build i386 because that was the
only platform we had when designing the process (probably).

I've cc'd doc@ on this. They should be able to give an authoritative
answer.

To doc:
1. Is the above correct?
2. Is there a way we could get the platform specific man pages
   included as well?