Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 2000 21:05:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Steve Hovey <shovey@buffnet.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Off topic sorta - not a question but a comment

I saw this today pokin around one of my machines

uptime
 9:02PM  up 108 days, 19:26, 1 user, load averages: 0.00, 0.01, 0.00

As a person who began with mini computer unices, and sco - uptimes like
that (the load averages values are low at the moment, but its a heavily
used outbound smtp, web, etc server) really freaks me out periodically
at how stable and robust freebsd is.

I wonder sometimes if the people who wrote and continue writing and
working on its continuing evolution, really know just how uniquely
wonderful a thing they've done and are doing.