Date:      Tue, 2 Nov 1999 17:40:18 -0800 (PST)
From:      Vincent Poy <vince@venus.GAIANET.NET>
To:        ROBERT BECKETT <RBECKETT@edlerinc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Soft link /var to /usr/var

On Tue, 2 Nov 1999, ROBERT BECKETT wrote:

Hi,

	What you should've done is this:

Make sure you don't have a /usr/var/directory first - otherwise delete or
back it up elsewhere
rm -rf /var/run/log
mv /var /usr
ln -s /usr/var /

	And then reboot and the /var/run/log will be recreated.

Cheers,
Vince - vince@MCESTATE.COM - vince@GAIANET.NET           ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
GaiaNet Corporation - M & C Estate                     / / / /  | /  | __] ]
Beverly Hills, California USA 90210                   / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]