Date:      Fri, 26 Sep 2003 05:07:43 -0600
From:      Patrick C <patrick@filespanker.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   distcc and incompatible with FreeBSD ports structure?

Well, not necessarily distcc, but the command "make -j4" doesn't work in the
ports tree (obviously), meaning distcc is useless for ports (please, prove me
wrong!) On two seperate systems (-STABLE and one which has just undergone a
fresh install of 4.8) "make -j4" seems to break installing ports.

# make -j4 fetch extract build install distclean
cd: can't cd to /usr/ports/finance/gnucash/work/gnucash-1.8.7
*** Error code 2

...in any random port tree I've tried.

Has anyone been able to get distcc working with the ports tree? Are there any
switches for distcc or make that I'm missing in the manpages?