Date:      Tue, 18 Mar 1997 00:24:43 -0500
From:      "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: latest bt848 code

> Hi
>
> You are getting lots of errors on your data streams trying playing with
> your bios for intance your PCI latency timer should be 32.

Hmmm.. I'll give that a try.

> Also Trying disabling shared IRQs

Well, this isn't gonna work.  There are not enough IRQs for this to
work, and shared interrupts are a feature of PCI peripherals.  I really
don't want to have to do this.

Shouldn't the driver check to see if the board is even enabled to generate
interrupts before falling into the service routine?  How about checking
the INT_MASK register at 0x104 to see if we've even enabled interrupts?
I don't seem to see a simple interrupt asserted bit in any of the status
registers, which is too bad.  I guess a mask of the appropriate bits in
the interrupt status register would do it.

louie