Date:      Tue, 30 Jul 2002 04:19:44 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Mike" <root@unixhideout.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FTPD DIES SUDDENLY

Guys i really need your help with this one. I am running 4.6-STABLE and i
get this as soon as i do the get function in FTP, i am running the
standard freebsd ftp daemon that comes with the base os.

Jul 30 04:15:01 labs2 ftpd[805]: FTP LOGIN FROM localhost.unixhideout.com
as sagacious
Jul 30 04:15:17 labs2 /kernel: pid 805 (ftpd), uid 1002: exited on signal 12
Jul 30 04:15:17 labs2 /kernel: Jul 30 04:15:17 labs2 /kernel: pid 805
(ftpd), uid 1002: exited on signal 12

I have tried using ftp from several other boxes, and the same thing
happens. This never happened before, i tried making world and still no
fixie. Any suggestions out there? It dumps as soon as i try to download a
file no matter how big or small. I need to download my backups so i can
put them on CDR. yikes.

--

The unixhideout network
http://www.unixhideout.com