Date:      Sat, 31 Jan 1998 13:39:34 -0500
From:      grafe@lab12.ie.pitt.edu (Gary Rafe)
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Q: XF86Config: TextClockFreq value w/C&T ct65554?

First, a quick "thank-you" to Mike Smith for his recent explanation
of how one might go about configuring a PCCARD Ethernet NIC.
His discussion could serve as the basis of a much needed section on the
care and feeding of PCCARD in the on-line FreeBSD Handbook.

Now, my question:
Following X11 sessions on my Toshiba 220CDS [2.2.5-RELEASE, XF86-3.3.1],
the text mode is often corrupted, i.e., is not the same full-screen mode
as it was when I started the machine.
The XF86_SVGA(1) man page discusses the use of the server configuration
line TextClockFreq, noting that one can easily set a clock frequency for
the console after the server has terminated.
The default value, 25.175Mhz, is noted, but where one would look to find
the *original* value is not.
Pointers to where I might find listings of these text clock frequencies
for the C&T ct65554 or how to interrogate the running system will be
appreciated greatly.

Thanks -- Gary Rafe -- gerst4+@pitt.edu