Date:      Tue, 28 Aug 2001 11:01:35 -0400
From:      The Anarcat <anarcat@anarcat.dyndns.org>
To:        Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ed0: device timeout when no interrupt

Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> Boy, this really ought to be in the FAQ now, we are seeing more and
> more of it as people try to resurrect old ISA NIC's.

Well, I think the manpage should be modified at least. I will submit a
pr soon in that effect.

> The problem you are having is that you are setting the IRQ to 11 in FreeBSD,
> but
> the hardware on the card actually is using a different IRQ line that is
> NOT 11.  You are going to need to do one of the following:

Ok. The card doesn't have jumpers, but windows seems to be able to
happily set the card to any irq it wishes it to be, so I'll just do
that. The thing is that I *did* that before. :) I tested it on windows
and the card was on irq 3 and port 0x300. Didn't work on fbsd. :(

What I fear most is that the card somehow "de-activates" itself after
windows is shutdown and that it doesn't reactivates after.

A.